Monday, December 14, 2009

Home Sweet Apartment

Well, it's week two in our new place and we're really getting settled in.  In case you haven't been following along, my husband and I have moved to a new apartment as he's just gotten a job as a property manager for an apartment complex.  This means that he's got a sweet new job and I'm out job hunting again.  Blah.

In the meantime, though, we've been having a lot of fun cleaning up some of the storage areas and finding all sorts of neat goodies liiiiike:
 A knife in the wall!


A fish box!


A tamale pot!


File cabinets from Watergate
Trashcans from subway scene in The Wiz
Ummm...


A doily hat!


An exploded kindergarten
A whole heck of a lot of pony beads!


Two collectible spoons!


A quadrillion dollars
A bunch of fake money :-P (but don't I look gangsta??)


And... a silver butter dish!


I know, I know -- how can we possibly have any more fun than we've already been having cleaning out the storage areas??  I'll tell you how:  
DECORATING OUR FIRST CHRISTMAS TREE!



PLUS! Check out my cute new kitchen :)

There's a spot for my aprons:


A place to hang my fun plates:


AND OMC I GOT TO USE MY NEW CUPCAKE CARRIER!!



This cupcake carrier was a going-away present/early Christmas present from my old supervisor before we moved.  Could she have gotten me a better gift??  I'll tell you what... those cuppies aren't going ANYWHERE!

22 comments:

  1. Aww, congrats on your first X-mas tree together!
    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas tree looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH see I would love to go through the storage buildings that is mykind of thing. You and your hubby are so cute together love the tree and the apron rack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first tree together! SO cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you mean those cupcakes aren't going anywhere, aren't they going into your belly?? ;)

    That's where I'd store them. For safe keeping of course.

    Hey, how come I didn't know you had yourself a hot SUGARDADDY of your own? Better keep the cougars in your building at bay. I recommend keeping a stack of cupcakes at the door, you could either:

    a) Bribe the Cougs to go away with them.
    OR
    b) Squish one Gangsta style in a Cougs face should she aggressively go for your man.

    Hey, how real does that fake money look? What?! I'm just askin'. ;)

    BlogBaby

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY, a new apartment and your first Christmas tree!

    Hi, I'm stopping by from SITS! I wanted to share a bit of comment l♥ve.

    I hope you have a wonderfully blessed Christmas Season!

    Teresa <><

    http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love the apron holder!! Too cute! :)
    Hope you enjoy your first Christmas in your new apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from SITS!

    Love the posts of all the "treasures" you found. That's hilarious! Also LOVE your apron collection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your apron holder I need one of those!!! Once again those facial expressions kill me, you guys look like your having too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tree, need to hear the story behind the knife in the wall and how cool is that cupcake carrier?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I call dibs on the silver butter dish!! Cute apron rack! I wish mine looked so tidy! And the knife???? Uhhhhh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. By the way... had to send this award for you! http://lifeinbeta.com/2009/12/16/a-blog-award-happy-101/ Enjoy your site SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Knock it off with the cupcakes already, eh?

    I will never be able to look like Britney Spears in a straight jacket if you don't stop with all the cupcake nonsense.

    Now...hand over the cupcakes----and I will take the knife too. I am bound to feel like "kuttin" someone or somethin' today :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for your first tree together! At least he posed by it with you. :) My hubby just fell asleep on the couch, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, that fish box is....um, special. Ha! Too bad that money wasn't real!!


    You look like you have more fun decorating the tree than anyone I've ever seen :) Your hubby looks super excited that HE got to put the star on the tree - we fight over who gets to do those honors in my house! Ridiculous, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopping by from SITS!

    You and your hubby are too cute-- and so is that new kitchen! I love all your aprons. I don't have a single one. I did, but I never used them, so I gave them away. Now I wish I hadn't!

    ~Elizabeth
    http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was all excited by the fish box (please tell me you are going to clean it up and use it!), but then I saw the cupcake carrier.....

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a great job on your tree and your cupcakes look good too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your new place! What an amazing assortment of stuff, although I'd have to say my favs were the knife and the trash cans (probably because of your Wiz comment). Your tree looks lovely! Good luck on the job hunt! Have a very wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for 1st Christmas trees! And many more to come. :) And may I say I am totally jealous of your apron collection. I recently got my first one and LOVE it. Hmmm... I think I need to go discuss my apron shortage (and lack of an apron rack) with my hubby. Christmas may be too short of notice, but my birthday IS next month!

    ReplyDelete