Sunday, January 17, 2010

IT'S COMING!!

We interrupt this Monday's Mustache to bring you the following message. 


Oh.My.GOODNESS.


OK, OK, let me back up.

So I was driving.

Scratch that.

So Hubby was driving.

K.

And I was looking.

Right?

Like out the window.  Like a puppy.  A cute puppy.

Or a kitten.


But I digest digress.

So I'm looking.  Out the window.

And I see...

THIS.


DID YOU SEE THAT??

No?

K wait.

How 'bout now?


See?  Right there in the back?

Oh come on, it's plain as day!

<♥CUPCAKE LAND!!♥>

[[OMC OMC OMC OMC*]]

Since I couldn't find anything on the windows or door indicating a grand opening, I went into the jewelry place next door to get the 411.

Here's what I found out:
It's coming.
SOON.
It's going to be a cupcake shop 
(Don't laugh!  It's not that obvious.  It could be a cupcake supply shop or maybe a cupcake accessory shop.  It didn't necessarily HAVE to sell cupcakes.  Hmmph.  Smarty pants.)
They're going to sell other goodies too; she mentioned breads and cookies.
The owner has already hired some of her staff.

STOP RIGHT THERE.

Hired?  Staff?


So I went home.

I picked out a cute cupcake notecard.

And I wrote the owner a note.

I told her I'm happy she is coming.  I told her I can't wait to try out her cupcakes.  I told her I am so excited because she's going to be the *first* cupcake place in the area.

And then I told her...

...if she needs any more staff...

...I'm here.

And I included my resume.

And I drew her a cupcake on the envelope.

And I slid it under her door.

And now, I'm waiting.

...

Wish me luck!
(and heck, say a little prayer, too!)


      


*OMC

19 comments:

  1. Wow!! That would be sooo amazing. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how cool! GOOD LUCK...but personally, I think you need YOUR OWN cupcake place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could there be any better job opportunity for you?!?! Fingers are crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is way too cool! GOOD LUCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh how exciting!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeeee. God opens doors exactly when we need them. I have no doubt that this was a set up from God, period...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know the saying....when one door closes another opens or wait...isn't there something about a window in that saying?? When a door closes a window opens?

    OMC! What can't I ever get these darn sayings right?!?

    Whatever. You get the point. Drift? Drifting point? Oh forget it!

    Fingers crossed, prayers said.

    BlogBaby

    ReplyDelete
  8. WAHOOO...That is great....just a question...does OMC mean...OH MY CUPCAKE??? lol...sorry I just need to know...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's awesome! I hope you get a job there!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping from SITS! This would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the way to get a job! Good Luck!
    I saw it on cupcakes take the cake just before I got to your feed :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by from SITS...what a great opportunity, I hope it works out for you and that she calls back!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OF COURSE its coming.

    And OF COURSE they are going to see the blessing in hiring you...

    I can feel it...

    How exciting. I am so happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's awesome! I would love a cupcake shop in my town or better yet, I would love to work in a cupcake shop! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ok it's official. I am jealous. Pure jealousy. GOOD LUCK!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How awesome! My friend Gina started her own cupcake shop here a few years ago and now she's in 3 states! (!!!) Here's hoping you get the job :-)

    Visiting you from SITS :P Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would totally hire you, just for that cute little note. You should check like craigslist or something and see if they posted any ads for staff.

    But I am crossing my fingers and toes for you!

    PS - I sent you a note asking for your new address, because I have a Valentines surprise for you, but never heard back from you!!

    ReplyDelete